As my time in the kitchen has increased, I’ve become particular about the baking tools I use. I’m currently living with my Mom right now who is the queen of kitchen appliances, but I find myself reaching for the same things each time…more like having to wash the one spatula I want because the seven other ones just won’t do. There are other specific tools I use for bread baking, cakes, or sugar cookies with royal icing, but this is my list for general baking.
My Go To Baking Tools
- Pyrex Glass Bowls – These are my go to for mixing ingredients. Though, I do wish there was a size that was a bit bigger. When I do need a larger bowl I move to these larger aluminum ones.
- Measuring Cups – This is the tool I am most particular about. All I want is a simple cup metal cup shape. No plastic. No weird shapes.
- Spatula Set – Easy to clean. Sturdy enough to work with thick dough.
- Dutch Oven – Yes, this is a bread specific tool but it’s been a great addition to my kitchen. There are so many options with varying prices, but this brand has worked well for me.
- Food Scale – If you don’t buy anything on this list, please think about getting a food scale. Baking is more precise than cooking and it really is so much better to measure ingredients like flour using a scale vs. measuring cups.
- Rolling Pin – I prefer this rolling pin in particular because the discs on the side are labeled for the thickness of dough you desire. It then helps keep your dough level and at the right dimension.
- Apron – I just started wearing apron’s this year and y’all the amount of paper towels I save!!!
- Baking Sheets – I don’t have a strong allegiance to any one brand yet, though I do use a mix of metal and stone baking sheets.