A few weeks ago I was looking for recipes for a dinner party I was planning. After some googling, and some time browsing cookbooks that my roommates own, as well as cookbooks I browsed through in the aisle of Walmart. I found this potato stack recipe from Joanna Gaines Cookbook , but then made a few changes (aka I didn’t add the cheese because ew) (I know I know) but it was so good and so easy!
Potato Stack Recipe
- Pre-heat the oven to 375
- Find a cupcake sheet, or a pan (like a pyrex) and some toothpicks
- Slice 3-4 medium sized potatoes as thin as possible (you decide if you want to peel or not, I didn’t)
- In a pan, start heating 2 tablespoons of butter and 3 garlic cloves minced. Wait until it starts to smell magical then add:
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground pepper
- After 2-3 minutes take off the heat and go back to the potatoes.
- If you are using a cupcake sheet stack layers of the thinly sliced potatoes in the individual cups of the pan. If you are using a normal pan, stack the potatoes into little towers and stick a toothpick through the middle of each of them.
- Carefully pour, or spoon the cream mixture over the potatoes and sprinkle a pinch of salt on top of each tower.
- Stick in the oven for 30 minutes and cook until tender. When you you take them out if you really feel it is necessary you can sprinkle cheese on top, if not chop up some fresh chives and call it a day!
Simple enough huh?! Let me know if you make this potato stack recipe and send me a picture, I’d love to see!
If you’re interested in some other recipes see: HERE