For those who don’t know I used to live in Texas, so I take salsa and all chip-dipping foods very seriously. In my pursuit to get in the kitchen more, I decided to try my hand at making my own. Who knew it was so easy?! Here is the quick 10-minute salsa recipe, originally from this article but altered to my own taste.
- 28oz can of whole tomatoes
- 1 small white onion-chopped
- 2 jalepeno peppers-chopped
- 3 cloves garlic-chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1-2 handfulls of cilantro (who knows what a handfull is, I used 10-12 little stalk things)
- 3 tablespoons of lime juice
- Chop onion, jalepenos, garlic, and cilantro
- Pour can of tomatoes in food processor
- Add chopped ingredients
- Add cumin, salt, and lime juice
- Taste and add more of the ingredients depending on your liking
Ultimately I REALLY like how this first batched turned out. My family liked it, the boy liked it, so I was feeling pretty good about it. Next time, I will add 1 extra jalepeno because I like things hotttttt and the 2 jalepenos the recipe called for didn’t do it for me. If you don’t want it very hot at all, I advise that you remove the seeds of the jalepeno, then chop it before adding it to the food processor.
Tell me, are you a mild, medium, or hot kinda salsa eater??