In 2015, I did fairly well at some resolutions and really awful at others. While everyone knows you can make a change any day, any time, I don’t think it hurts to use the new year as a fresh starting point. In order for it to be effective though I do believe you need to make sure your resolutions are manageable and lead to a specific end goal. In my list below, I have the action I will take, and what I hope this action will bring about in 2016.
1. Do 14 sun salutations every day. In the past year I really tried to create peaceful, productive, reflective mornings whenever possible. I did this by waking up earlier then I needed to in order to drink coffee in bed, read the news, and just ease into my day. In 2016, I want to add daily sun salutations to that routine. Maybe 7 in the morning, and 7 before bed!?
I hope this resolution, enhances my mornings and strengthens my body so I can hold downward dog for longer periods of time.
2. Send greeting cards to family and friends. My Grandma is incredible at sending cards for no reason. The instant gratification of social media is amazing, but there is something special and genuine about snail mail. In 2016, I want to start sending my friends cards in the mail. Whether it be for their birthday, or just cause I was thinking about them. This could get really expensive, hence my first couple of tries at calligraphy (see above).
I hope this resolution, helps me stay better connected to the people I may not see everyday and just puts a smile on people’s face.
3. Finish the Bible in a year. Guys. I tried this last year and it didn’t go so well. I managed to finish 33% of the Bible before I fell off track. In 2016, I hope to finish it for real this time. Ideally, I would like to commit to reading in the mornings, instead of saving it for bedtime, but we shall see.
I hope this resolution, brings me closer to God and gives me a more comprehensive picture of His word.
4. Save more money. In 2015 I saved all the coins I received, and every $5 bill I received. I haven’t added it all up yet, but it is a nice chunk of money. In 2016, I want to take it up a notch and continue to save the $5 bills, but once a month I will put away an additional $20 as well.
I hope this resolution, saves me more money. This one is kind of obvious, but I am really trying to look to the future and at this point next year I will be applying for jobs and getting ready to go out to the real world. So, I simply want to do what I can now to be able to pay rent in a new city, buy work clothes, travel, etc.
5. Have faith in God’s plan. 2016 will be a year of looking forward to what will be next for me. In this time I don’t want to be pouring over the statistics and fretting over getting the job, getting accepted into the program, or whatever. Wherever I end up, is where I am suppose to be and I need to be okay with that.
I hope this resolution, lowers my overall stress level and gives me a sense of peace.
Well friends, that is my list for 2016! One of my friends was talking about making a 2016 dream board so I think I might do that too and hang it up in my room. Anyways, enjoy the last few days of 2015, and have a happy New Year!